Top 10 ADA Compliance Violations in Boca Raton, Broward, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, FL, and Miami
If you own a business and/or facility then you have a legal obligation to uphold ADA standards. While ADA compliance may seem like a simple concept, many facilities have one or more of these common ADA violations:
- Stairs – Violations relating to stairs are a common error that businesses may make. From missing striping to lack of signage and more, stairs need to be ADA compliant.
- Restrooms – All restrooms should be built with accessible stall dimensions, grab bars, and fixtures.
- Parking Spaces – Parking spaces need to be a specific slope and dimension to ensure optimal accessibility.
- Egress Signs – Signs require tactile or braille to accommodate all clients. Common errors include missing or incorrect signage.
- Counters – Oftentimes building/businesses violate ADA counter requirements related to height & width.
- Parking Signs – Amongst the most common ADA errors include non-reflective, faded, and/or missing parking signage to indicate handicap parking.
- Accessibility Routes – All accessibility routes need to have detectable warnings, specific dimensions, and meet slope requirements.
- Swimming Pools – All public swimming pools need wheelchair lifts to accommodate individuals with limited mobility.
- Ramps – Wheelchair ramps need to comply with length and slope ADA requirements. They also need to have handrails for maximum safety.
- Doors – Doors need to be a certain width to accommodate individuals in wheelchairs. They also need functional kick-plates.
At HR Law Pro-Approved Mediation, we specialize in efficiency and cost-effective ADA compliance claims and solutions for Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Miami Hollywood, FL, Boca Raton, Broward, and the surrounding areas. With extensive experience managing efforts for both businesses lacking accessibility claims and those looking to promote a safer work environment, we understand the standards of ADA compliance as defined in Title III of the ADA.
Led by our fearless leader Lori Adelson, Esq., who has over two decades of experience providing compliance solutions, other non-litigation solutions, and dispute resolution strategies, we have the experience and know-how to handle even the most complex ADA compliance claims and solutions. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our ADA compliance services by calling 954-302-8960!